SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT FOR EPUAP 2018 HERE.
The abstract template can be downloaded here.
We recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome to enter the system.
You are warmly invited to submit abstracts on any aspect of pressure ulcer prevention and management including research, clinical issues and best practice for presentation at this meeting. The subject should preferably reflect the theme of the meeting.
- Innovations in pressure ulcers prevention bundle: Patient safety, quality of care, evidence based practice and policy
- Teamwork and pressure ulcer prevention and management in specific patient groups: Spinal cord, intensive care, operating room, elderly, palliative and disabilities
- Multidisciplinary pressure ulcer prevention and treatment in our most fragile patients: From the premature to the aged population
- Allied health professionals role in the prevention of pressure ulcers: Occupational therapy, podiatry, kinaesthetics and physiotherapy to optimize patient posture and mobility
- Medical device related pressure ulcers: Aetiology and research to enhance prevention at different ages and in different settings
- Supporting pressure ulcer care: Pharmacology, nutrition, dietary supplement, European guidelines
- Basic science: Biomechanics and aetiology
- Smart materials, sensor measuring, moving detection, “wearables”
- Overcoming communication difficulties: Telemedicine for remote pressure ulcer management consultations
- Negative pressure wound therapy: From premature to elderly patients
- Biophysical agents in pressure ulcer treatment: Novel therapies
- Innovations in plastic and reconstructive surgery for pressure ulcers
- Student free paper
When submitting your abstract please follow the EPUAP 2018 Abstract submission guidelines, available for download HERE.
- The abstract word limit is max 400 words per abstract. The EPUAP Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should not exceed 200 characters including spaces. Please limit the numbers of authors to no more than 5, and indicate an affiliation of each author. Do not use titles (e.g. ‘Dr.’, ‘Mrs.’) for author names.
- Max. 2 tables/figures
- Max. 6 abstracts with the same presenting author can be submitted. The system allows max 6 abstracts per submitter id.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website and in the abstract book for the conference. By submitting an abstract to the EPUAP meeting, you transfer all copyrights to EPUAP, for the purpose of publishing the abstract in any printed or electronic form. Author’s use of the material for educational purposes, inclusion in other publications, as well as posting it in the author’s website is allowed.
- If submitting an abstract for the student free paper category please send by email a formal confirmation of studentship status (e.g. letter from supervisor or institutional approval) which specifies the degree towards which studies are carried out.
- Individuals may submit more than one abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted in the abstract template.
All submissions will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee of EPUAP and you will be informed of the outcome of your application by the abstract review deadline.
All successful applicant will be required to register as a delegate to the conference and pay the registration fee as a condition for inclusion of their abstract in the programme.
The authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity either to have an oral presentation of their abstracts in free paper sessions or to exhibit their printed poster during the conference and present it to the delegates.
At the conference dinner the EPUAP President will announce the best poster award and the best student free paper award.