Oral presentation instructions
- MS PowerPoint 2003 – 2013 files,
- landscape format,
- 16:9 aspect ratio presentations (please note that this is not standard size in PowerPoint)
- embedded fonts
- embedded video for Powerpoint 2013/365
- video files as either Quicktime friendly mp4 H.264 codec or WMV for earlier Powerpoint versions
- files must come in a folder also containing said video files with correct linking to presentation
- all text content should be inside title-safe guides (approx. 20 pixels inside slide edge)
In case of using the stand alone video files the following format is required:
- MP4, AVI or MKV container of H.264 or XVid codec
- landscape format
- aspect ratio of 16:9 with advised minimum resolution of 1280 x 720
- suggested bandwidth between 3Mb/sec – 7Mb/sec
- files should include a start and end one second silent black slug
- all text content should be inside title-safe guides (approx. 20 pixels inside image edge)
Please note that you may only show a company logo (of a sponsoring company) on one slide during the presentation.
2018 COI slides
Please note that all oral presentations must include a COI slide as the 1st or 2nd slide. This is MANDATORY, even if you have nothing relevant to declare. You will NOT be permitted to present if this disclosure is not made.
Please download the template here. Please note the template includes three different slides which should be used in the respective situations - 1. speaker has no COI, 2. speaker has a single COI, 3. speaker has multiple COI with regard to the matter of the presentation.
From Wednesday, 12 September it is possible to upload the PowerPoint presentations (in format 16:9) at a Speakers Upload Centre. The Speakers Upload Centre entrance is located opposite to the main entrances to the Plenary Hall. There will be a technical support present in the Speakers Upload Centre who will help each speaker to upload the presentation on a central conference laptop which is connected to all meeting rooms in the venue. All invited speakers and abstract presenters are kindly asked to make sure they uploaded their presentations at the latest 2 hours prior to the session.
All presentations taking place in the first morning sessions can be uploaded on the day before at the registration desk. Unless agreed with the conference organisers at the registration desk it is not allowed to use the personal laptops for presentations. Please bring your presentation on a memory stick. At the end of the conference, all presentations will be deleted so no copyright issues will arise.